Double Glazing for New Timber Window & Door Joinery
At Thermawood we also offer double glazing for new window and door construction by supplying our patented double glazed drainage system to joiners. Incorporating Thermawood’s double glazing system into new timber window and door framing, joiners are now able to take advantage of the many benefits that have taken years of research and development such as the patented drainage system that ensures the longevity of your double glazing and wooden windows.
For more detailed information please continue reading below.
- 16mm Insulating Glass Units can be glazed into 34mm timber section.
- 20mm Insulating Glass Units can be glazed into 42mm timber section.
- 26 Insulating Glass Units can be glazed into 56 mm timber section. (Available soon)
- Much cleaner internal and external sightlines due to the purposely designed self-adhesive wedge.
- Drainage system and back pressure work together to minimize water ingress and drain out moisture resulting in longevity of timber and Insulating Glass Units.
- Unique coextruded sill adapter provides platform for drainage, setting block, bottom bead location and support while santoprene backing fin prevents water ingress.
- 15 degree sloped and slotted IGU compatible silicone glazing blocks securely lock into sill adapter.
- Suitable for both factory and site glazing.
- Significant reduction in glazing time over traditional timber glazing techniques.
- Eliminates the need for wet glazing compounds, tapes and silicones.
- Frames can be transported as soon as glazed – no curing times.
- Extra high Wind Zone water penetration test requirement
- Sloped drainage system for new timber joinery
- Dry glazing system
- Designed to suit 18mm double glazed units
- Self adhesive tape
- Complete glazing system, including rubber seals, sloped glazing blocks, drainage adapter and beading
1) 56mm or 44mm New Timber Section
2) C1 Stainless Steel Brad (25mm)
3) Top Slotted Timber Bead Pre Primed or Natural Cedar
4) Slotted Wedge Eliminates wet glazing compounds, tapes and silicones
5) Bottom Slotted Timber Bead Pre Primed or Natural Cedar
6) C1 Stainless Steel Brad (50mm)
7) Insulated Glass Units
18mm Glazed into 56mm or 44mm new timber section
26mm Glazed into 56mm new timber section.
8) Two Piece Heel & Toe Block For easy heeling and toeing (see below).
9) Self Adhesive Wedge Eliminates wet glazing compounds, tapes and silicones.
10) Bottom Drainage Adaptor This unique adapter provides a platform for drainage, setting block, bottom bead location and support while a Santoprene backing fin prevents water ingress.
11) Slotted Silicone Block 15 degree sloped and slotted IGU compatible silicone glazing blocks securely lock into drainage adapter.
- Tested to AS2047 Extra High Wind Zone water penetration requirement.
- Drainage system and negative pressure work together to minimize water ingress and drain moisture resulting in longevity of timber and Insulating Glass Units.
- Purposely designed wedges provide clean internal and external sight lines.
- A Dry System suitable for both factory and site glazing.
- Significant reduction in time over traditional timber glazing techniques. Transport frames as soon as glazed – no curing times.
- Complete Glazing System, including rubber seals, sloped glazing blocks, drainage adapter and beading.
Heeling & Toeing
Heeling and toeing a sash or door requires the glass to be blocked at the back bottom corner (hinge location) and the upper leading edge of both the opposite top and side. The glass then acts as a brace to prevent the hinged panel from dropping.
1. Being a two-piece block, Piece One is first pinned to the rebate before the glass is installed.
2. Once the glass is installed, Piece Two is pushed over Piece One.
3. The two pieces lock together with ribs.
- A lip holds the glass to help prevent it falling when glazing vertically.
- Piece Two locks over Piece One to prevent any sliding or dropping.
- Is compatible with IGU polysulphide seal
- Eliminates guess work around the heel and toe process.
- Fully supports the glass.
44mm Frame x 18mm IGU Specifications
56mm Frame x 18mm IGU Specifications
56mm Frame x 26mm IGU Specifications
Double Glazing in Australia
Thermawood Australia is one of the leading suppliers of high-quality double glazing systems for homes across the country. We are passionate about providing innovative, natural and effective retrofit glazing solutions that maximises your thermal and Acoustic comfort. Our team is also an advocate of sustainable and environmentally friendly solutions, allowing us to help both you and the planet.
Request a quote from us today or call your local Thermawood Franchisee to discuss further.